Friday, August 1, 2014

Let Go.

 So, lately, God has been leading me to let it all go and give all my burdens to him. (1 Peter 5:7). Part of me is like "let's do this!" And then there's this other part of me that's like, "uhhh...wait. Can't I figure out another way." 

Basically the verse that keeps me.
God has been revealing a lot to me during this season in my life. What's been standing out to me is the importance of trusting him with my future. In order to student teach in the spring I had to pass my English content test. This freaked me out because I had so many negative voices in my ear telling me that I should switch my major, or that I was not good enough to even major in English let alone teach it. Firstly, the devil will use some people to plant seeds of death and doubt. Secondly, while my GPA states otherwise, I know that it is no one but God who qualifies me.

 
 I was  freaking out about this test because I was failing the practice tests. I literally, got upset because I thought I wasted four years of my life on this major. I started to plan out taking a semester off from school, switching states, or skipping teaching altogether and just go to grad school.

What I needed to concentrate on was God's word. I have already been prophesied about teaching in my future, and I was told by God to major in English secondary education. On one of my tripping sessions, I was complaining to God about how I feared my future. He told me, "Don't you trust me? Let go." I was like "yeah," and I still continued to trip and lose sleep. It wasn't until the day before my test that I decided to read God's love letter to me (the Bible) that I actually let myself trust God.I realize now that he allowed me to fail these practice tests so that I had to look at no one but Him. I can't put faith in myself or my works, but only in Jesus who is able to save and provide.

While this is just my story about trusting God in regards to my test, I know this can be appicable to other areas in my life as well as yours :). 

Remember!
  1.  Psalm 18:29. Phillipians 4:13.
  2. Stop the negative thoughts. When someone has death to speak over you, cast that trash down. 2 Corinthians 10:5. Don't look at negative people's comments, but look at God.
  3. Know that you are a conquer. 1 Corinthians 15:57
  4. Remind yourself of his promises. (Verses that helped me in my situation: Matthew 6:27, 33-34, Philippians 4:6-7, Romans 8:28)
  5. What God has for you is for you. (whether it may be your career, a husband, or a particular blessing)
  6. Know that Jesus will never fail you. 
  7. Even if you don't get what you want, still praise Him. Have an attitude of graditude. 
P.S.- I did pass my test. All thanks and credit to Jesus! 

Until next time.
Peace.

3 comments:

  1. Courtney, congrats on passing your English content test!! I'm studying for a major test right now so your blog gave me a lot of encouragement. As a person who often wants to be in control of everything, it seems I can never have too many reminders to just trust God!!! Thank you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to the both of you! @Tatyana I'll be praying for your test coming up :) And yes I need all the reminders I can get too.

    ReplyDelete

The Holiday Blues